Tuesday, July 6, 2010

facing a writer's block or a black out!

so ideas keep dropping into my head like coins in a fountain. plink... oh that's a nice idea. plink plink... oohh that's a great idea. now i used to write quite profusely when i was in school... short stories, poetry, full length attempts at a novel.... but somehow somewhere that's all taken a backseat.
now by the time i put my pen to paper to sketch out an idea, i'm weary. yes, the very act of uncapping my pen, smoothing down a sheet of paper and thinking of writing tires me out.
i wonder how many writers have faced this moment. and i know the blame lies squarely with me... just the thought of writing scares me now. i suddenly think of a chore that has to be completed, trash that has to be taken out, a friend who has to be called...
i'm hoping to change that... but i know the change will happen when i really put my heart and mind to it.

No comments: